Here at Incept, one of our major focuses is the importance of donating blood.
The statistics concerning those in need of blood, speak volumes. For instance, consider the following:
- A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood.
- Every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- Blood cannot be manufactured; it can only come from generous donors.
- The number of transfusions nationwide increases by 9% every year.
- At least 25% of us will require blood at least once in our lifetime.
- If all blood donors were to donate blood three times per year, then blood shortages would be a rare event.
- About 3 gallons of blood supports the needs of the entire nation for a minute.
- Severe burn victims may need as many as 20 platelet transfusions.
- Bone marrow transplants may require platelets from over 100 donors and red cells from over 20 people.
Incept’s blood bank clients expect every member of the Incept team to become educated, appreciative, and involved in the matter of donating blood. Accordingly, our training supervisors provide handfuls of information about the act of donating blood. It is vital that employees of Incept are well aware of the importance, and the actual process and guidelines of blood donations.
It is also important for Incept employees to appreciate blood donations. What if you, your child, or your loved one is in need of blood in the future? Obtaining a safe and much-needed blood supply is vital for communities.
Incept encourages staff to donate, if eligible to pause for the cause. We often have blood drives here at Incept for employees to participate in saving lives themselves. It leaves employees feeling great that they did a selfless act to help those in need, and it assists employees in the ability to connect with the donors on whom we call on a daily basis.
You may ask, “Why should I donate blood?” Blood contains many life-saving components that can help to treat different illnesses and injuries. You also benefit in other ways by donating blood, as it reduces the chances of ischemic heart diseases.
Here are the top-10 reasons to donate:
- Donating blood saves lives.
- Donating blood is a good way to give back to your community.
- The act of giving is selfless.
- You receive a free mini-physical.
- Every two seconds someone needs blood.
- The blood supply needs constant replenishment.
- One pint can help up to three people.
- Most people are eligible to donate blood.
- There is no substitute for human blood.
- You will have someone’s undying gratitude.
The act and process of giving blood is safe and practically painless. It does not take a long time to make a blood donation, and a person can leave assured that a great amount of good was done due to them taking the time to do it. So raise your sleeves, and let’s all save some lives!
What compels you to donate?